Spousal Support Modification
Ask the Divorced Guy! Ask the Divorced Woman!
Spousal support may be modified at any time in which there has been a change in circumstances. In order to have a modification take place, the party moving for modification must file an order with the court. The evidence must be completely new to the court. Any issues addressed previously in the spousal support arrangements are not means for modification.
Here are some of the factors generally considered for modification:
- The income of the supporting spouse.
- The change in available assets.
- The income of a new spouse.
- The supporting spouse's new responsibilities.
- The physical or mental health of supporting spouse.
- The death of the supporting spouse.
Spousal Support Menu
Divorce Support Home
Copyright (c)1998, Divorce Source, Inc. Comments or suggestions? email@example.com