Can I ask for a modification in child support because my child(ren)s expenses increased immensely?

Yes, you can ask for an upward modification in child support if you can demonstrate to the judges satisfaction that expenses have increased dramatically. The cost of raising a child often increases as the child gets older, so lawyers often include an automatic adjustment clause in the child support agreement. This clause can minimize the number of times you may need to go to court to request modification. Also, this is one of the most common grounds for an upward modification