Can I have my separation agreement provide for the support of our children through college?

Child support usually terminates upon the age of majority (either 18 or 21, depending upon the state). You can, however, contract to continue the child support through college (which typically exceeds the age 18 and even 21). If this is your intent, be sure to be explicit in your language within this particular clause. This would be achieved by including a clause that specifically addresses additional support for secondary education. Too often this important issue is left out of the agreement or not consider when the children are very young.