Can a divorce be granted if a military spouse resides outside the state?

Let’s say, for example, that a couple have been separated for three years now, and the wife is without hope or desire of reconciliation. During the separation, her husband joined the Army, and now she learns that hes been assigned to post outside the state where they were married and resided.

She can divorce him the same way as if he were a civilian who has left their home state. She must find him, and he must be served with the divorce papers, or the complaint. This is called service of process.