Can alimony and child support be paid directly from military retirement pay?

Yes, but a spouse must obtain a court order requiring the payment of child support or alimony. This order must include his Social Security number. The DFAS can then make direct payments, but not more than 65 percent of a retired military member’s pay may be garnished for alimony and child support.