Does this mean that we canít make our child support agreement different from the guidelines?

No, it doesnít mean that. You are free to "opt out" or decide from the guidelines and enter a private agreement that disregards the guideline formula, so long as the laws on waiver are met. The important thing to keep in mind when doing this is that the support obligation must be adequate to maintain the living conditions the child(ren) would have experienced had the separation or divorce not taken place. If the obligation reached through private agreement between you and your spouse is lower than that of which the support guidelines would produce, you and/or your spouse should be prepared to provide reasons to substantiate your findings.

Be aware that certain things can never be done. You cannot contract away your obligation to support your children. For example; the husband allows the wife to keep the house, if he does not have to pay child support.