How can a woman prevent her former abusive husband from tracking her down by way of child support checks?

Many women need and want child support but they are afraid that an abusive ex-husband will be able to find her and the children through the child support checks.

Courts now have a variety of way to collect spousal and child support without requiring a former partner having direct contact with a former spouse by writing a monthly check. The use of an intermediary eliminates that direct contact. Sometimes the county collects the child support and forwards it to the dependent spouse. Also the state IV-D may be able to collect.