I found out two years later that I had a child with my ex-wife. Can I just pay the current support obligation?

In many states, child support is owed from the time of the child’s birth, and so you may be obligated to pay the entire amount that is back due. In other states, you may owe only from the time of the petition. A lawyer is best to advise you on this technical issue.