Is there any other way to guarantee payment of spousal support?

You may be able to obtain other civil remedies; a lawyer will be able to assist you in these matters.

For example: you could have your ex-spouse’s wages "garnished," meaning the portion for spousal support would go directly to you by check from his or her employer.