Must I still pay child support if my son dropped out of college?

You might not have to pay child support, since your son is no longer complying with the agreement. You cannot just stop paying the support, however. You must ask the court to suspend your child support obligation. Your lawyer can advise you on this issue.

Most support agreements state that support is to be terminated upon the completion of high school, but as college has become more popular and more expensive, many parents are choosing to include an extra provision for college support in the agreement. It is best for the parents to discuss what the initial intentions of the provision were before ending up in court.