My ex-husband just received a very large inheritance from his maiden aunt. Should the child support be increased?

Yes, all states have held incomes derived from interest in estates, including inheritances, are considered income for child support purposes. You should be aware that income from an inheritance is different from the inheritance itself. Some states say that the inheritance itself, the "principle," is also income for child support purposes, while others say that only the income from the principle is income for child support purposes. Your lawyer will know the law in your state and can advise you if you can apply for an upward modification of the child support award.