My ex-husband just won the state lottery. Should he pay more chills support?

You can apply for a modification of the child support award under the grounds of "changed circumstances", only if you can show the changed circumstances are substantial. In this case, the "status principle" noted above would come into play. Since children are entitled to share in the status of their parents, and in this case would have done so had the marriage remained intact, you can motion the court for an upward modification of the child support award.