Should a person hire a lawyer if hsi orher ex-spouse is filing for bankruptcy?

If an ex-spouse is paying child support, spousal support, or owes a property settlement, his or her former partner should contact a bankruptcy lawyer right away. A formerly married person should be in touch with a bankruptcy lawyer even if he or she only suspects that his or her ex-spouse may file for bankruptcy. Forewarned is forearmed.