What if my ex-husband moved out of state in attempt to escape his child support obligation?

He is still liable for payment, and in fact may now have committed a federal crime. The Child Support Recovery Act of 1992 makes relocation to another state in order to avoid child support a federal crime, especially if he has not paid child support for at least one year or more or if the amount of child support owed in upwards of five thousand dollars.