What if my ex-wife moves in with a friend or relative?

A shared-living arrangement, such as roommates or housemates, will not cause a termination of permanent alimony.

Of course, you are free to negotiate a clause in your permanent alimony agreement or settlement agreement that would make any shared-living arrangement a cause for termination of permanent alimony.

You can insert a clause in an agreement stating the following:

The wife’s spousal support shall terminate should she enter into a permanent living arrangement with any third party. For the purposes of this agreement, a permanent living arrangement is residing in the same abode with an unrelated third party for a substantially continuous period of (a number of) days.