What if my husband agrees that I should get the house until the children are out of school?

This is a commonly requested situation and is easily provided for in a separation agreement.

A typical clause should read as follows:

Upon the execution of this agreement, the wife shall have sole and exclusive use and occupancy of the marital residence until the conclusion of the secondary school year in (month, year).

The parties agree to place the marital residence on the market for sale at that time and to divide the proceeds of the sale as set forth herein.