What should I do if my child does not want to see me?

This is a very difficult situation, especially when the child is very young. In all fairness, hopefully the custodial parent is not influencing the child. This, however, does occur quite often and can be difficult to detect or prove in court. It is the child’s choice to see or not see the estranged parent, so fighting this situation can be an up hill battle.

There is a relatively new epidemic known as "Parental Alienation Syndrome", which is the act of one parent influencing the child(ren) to dislike or disrespect the other parent. If you feel as though this is what is happening to your child(ren), it is suggested that you research this topic in hopes that it will connect you with the resources to help rectify your unfortunate situation.