What should I do if my ex-spouse refuses to pay spousal support?

Spousal support is an order of the court, and as such, it must be obeyed as any other. Failure to comply with a lawful order of the court can be punished by contempt. Your ex-spouse is chancing fines or imprisonment for failure to obey the support award. If your ex-spouse is not paying your spousal support award or is paying late on a continuous basis, it is recommended that you contact a lawyer to address this matter. There are legal actions to be taken to rectify the situation.